Thursday, August 8, 2013

Another New Day!

Last night was my last night working at Barnes & Noble.  I won't go into why I'm not longer there but I will say, that my future is bright but it is a changin'!  This weekend starts the process of becoming a swim instructor!  I have signed up for the Red Cross course. Maybe when the money starts rolling in from that, I could apply that to a local college and get started on a Kinesiology degree. I know I don't need that to become a coach but if I'm going to do it, I'd like to do it right!

But for now, I'm going to learn to perfect being a housewife!  For those who know the life of a Merchant mariner, household things are done for you. You have a staff that cleans your quarters and changes your sheets once a week. Similar members of that previous staff make all your meals! Depending on the ship, those items are done for you (Some ships give the Deckies Sundays or Wednesdays to do this themselves) but others don't. My last ship (a steam vessel) all was done for me!  It is hard to not want my magic cleaning elves back!

Another issue I have is, my family was big on fun and not so much on cleaning. Our home was sanitary!  Clean kitchen, bathroom, but our home was more cluttered than others.  My home now is cluttered just like my parents and this bothers me.  For one, we are in a bigger location and the other, there are only 2 of us!  

The hope for this... to continue documenting my crafting, as well as my new adventures of getting my home as well as my skittish dog ready for a baby (we are going for starting in April 2014) but in my alternative baby room ways. (I would like a baby room inspired by Brian Lies Bats at the Library) Finally my new adventures in trying to keep my house clean and uncluttered enough for a new baby so that it is old hat by the time new baby arrives!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment