Friday, July 1, 2011

Getting Planty

We have this older-ish Lilac shrub (though it looks like a tree) in our backyard so I thought I'd try to root it with some root hormone and maybe we'll get one in the front yard as well! In my adventures at the "Do It" Center (that's like an Ace Hardware for east coasters) I found out that Lilac usually grows its own shoots. That is actually what I cut. It turns out, we've been mowing them, but we actually have several shoots to try to root if this doesn't go well! (Though online research suggests they are easy to root)



I also figured I'd show you the progress of Bruce my Blue Colorado Spruce which I've grown from seed. Yes there are 6 and I don't have clever names for all... maybe that'll be contest someday!?!



As well as Larry the European Larch I got as a sapling on Earth Day from Lowe's! On Earth Day next year, he'll go in the ground somewhere. I haven't decided where yet!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment